Reliable Operation Reduces Callouts in Real-World Conditions
The PT-MZ13K Laser projector is our first LCD projector lineup to feature a liquid-cooling system for multiple solid-state laser modules, securing reliable projection stability. As well as raising the ceiling for high-brightness projection in elevated locations and in environments subject to heat, the liquid-cooling system contributes to whisper-quiet 32–35 dB operation (depending on the projection mode)* to minimize distracting noise within the learning space.
Panasonic’s Original Phosphor-Wheel Cooling System
Features a dedicated and original sealed cooling system for the phosphor wheel, which is made of durable, heat-resistant inorganic material. Extensive shielding around the phosphor-wheel assembly protects against dust-particle intrusion for extended reliability and consistent brightness.
Multi-Laser Drive Engine with Failover Redundancy Circuits
Multi-Drive Laser Optical Engine groups laser diodes into multiple laser modules. If one diode in a module fails, only a limited number of diodes in the affected series are bypassed. The remaining diodes continue to operate, maintaining close to full brightness. If a laser diode fails in other projectors, the entire module shuts down, resulting in a dramatic loss of brightness. The projector adds an invaluable layer of insurance when image presentation must not be interrupted.
Backup Input Switching Maintains Picture Display
This 3LCD projector boasts a flexible backup input-switching function configurable to receive the same input signal via any combination of assigned primary and secondary inputs. If signal transmission to the primary input fails, projection continues via the assigned backup input without screen blanking. When communication is restored, the projector switches back to primary input automatically. This feature is invaluable when projection must be maintained without interruption.
New Information Monitor
To further simplify setup and operation of the projector, an Information Monitor is located on the rear panel adjacent to terminals and physical controls. The monitor provides menu-based navigation for smooth setup of Projector ID and basic network configuration. It also shows projector status including temperature, runtime, and active signal data, as well as error codes should a problem be detected.
Simplified Installation Streamlines Your Workflow
Supports 4K Signal Input
The PT-MZ13K supports uncompressed 4K/60p video-signal input via HDMI® or DIGITAL LINK terminals. The ability to play Ultra HD video at the projector’s supported native resolution is useful in situations where the same premium video content is intended for playback on multiple 4K and non-4K projectors or displays. It saves operators the hassle of re-encoding source video and allows it to be added to a projector network that includes 4K units, streamlining simultaneous playback of a single 4K video source on all compatible display devices.
First LCD Projectors to Support Geometry Manager Pro Software
These are Panasonic’s first LCD projectors to support free Geometry Manager Pro software traditionally available with our large-venue DLP™ projectors. The software expands built-in geometric and multi-screen adjustment capabilities with a Free Grid function that governs 4-corner adjustment, keystone correction, curved-screen correction, and free-form image correction via PC interface. Two upgrade kits can be unlocked with paid license keys to further deepen functionality. ET-UK20 adds uniformity correction and an extensive creative masking package, while ET-CUK10 features Auto Screen Adjustment for simultaneous setup of multiple screens (including curved-screen correction) using a compatible camera. These kits expedite edge-blending and color-matching images over multiple screens with automatic calibration for black level, brightness uniformity, and stacking.
Geometric Adjustment with Free Grid Correction via Remote Control
Panasonic has added a new Free Grid function to existing Geometric Adjustment that enables convenient grid-based image adjustment using the projector’s remote controller. Grid resolutions of 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 5 x 5, 9 x 9, or 17 x 17 can be projected and areas of the image reshaped or geometrically altered to compensate for screen distortions. This correction is easily performed by adjusting control points located at grid-line intersections. Move freely between grid resolutions to achieve the desired level of granularity without losing work progress. This clever data-saving function allows technicians to smoothly create a distortion-free projection in a wide range of installation situations.
Remote App with NFC Function and Projector Auto-Focus via Device’s Camera
Smart Projector Control app for Android™ and iOS now includes Near Field Communication (NFC) function to instantly pair smartphone to projector just by touching them together. Once linked, the app accesses an information settings menu that’s readable and writable for easy adjustment without turning on the projector. As well as showing data and allowing certain settings to be changed, the app features an auto-focus function that uses the smartphone’s camera and app UI to achieve fast yet precise image focus.
Dedicated Lenses with AFO
A new lineup of seven optional lenses provides gap-free throw-ratio coverage from 0.480–0.550 to 4.14–7.40, seamlessly integrating projections into almost any installation site. The lenses are compatible with all models in the series regardless of brightness. Powered zoom and lens-shift are available via remote control and Smart Projector Control app. Also included is an AFO sensor which optimizes focus as lens temperature fluctuates, keeping images pin-sharp and reducing need for manual calibration.
New lineup of seven optional lenses
Dynamic Contrast of 3,000,000:1 for Natural Image Expression
Precision laser power output modulation achieves high contrast with low power consumption, enabling superior expression of light and dark scenes for a natural, comfortable viewing experience. Features high 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast.
Detail Clarity Processor 4 Provides Pin-Sharp Insight
Proprietary circuitry analyzes individual video frames to clarify areas of each image containing fine details. Algorithms pull information from four frequency bands of the signal, sharpening outlines, correcting contours, and reducing ringing noise for a vastly superior picture.
Color Adjustment Function
Color Adjustment makes it easy to correct slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual units set up for multiple projection, particularly those in side-by-side configuration. Correction is performed on 3 or 7 colors.
No Light-Source Replacement for 20,000 hours
Laser light-source lifespan is extended to 20,000 hours, cutting running costs, labor, and wastage in comparison to lamp-based projectors. By reducing use of consumable parts, organizations can also streamline spare-part inventories.
Additional Brightness Eco settings:
- 13,000 Lumens (20,000 hours)
- 10,400 Lumens (21,500 hours)
- 7,800 Lumens (23,000 hours)
- 5,200 Lumens (25,000 hours)
Reusable ECO Filter Replacement Extended to 20,000 Hours
- Eco Filter includes a Micro Cut Filter that collects minute dust particles with an electrostatic effect. Together with dust-resistant projector cabinet, Eco Filter enables long-term use in dusty conditions with less downtime. Replacement is at about 20,000 hours, and the filter can be washed and reused.
- Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Connection for AV and Control SignalsBased on HDBaseT™ technology, DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of Full HD video, audio, and control commands through a single CAT 5e or higher STP cable for distances of 150 m (492 ft). An optional DIGITAL LINK Switcher or Digital Interface Box further streamlines installation in large venues.
Separate LAN/DIGITAL LINK Terminals
- Separate terminals for LAN and DIGITAL LINK enhance versatility. Installers can assign 100Base-TX- and 10BaseT-compatible control signals via LAN terminal, freeing up DIGITAL LINK for video.
- Free 360-degree Installation
- SOLID SHINE Laser technology enables free 360-degree installation through any axis. Together with powered lens shift and a wide range of optional lenses, the projector can be mounted in any way desired without picture distortion temporarily or in permanent applications.
- Multi Monitoring & Control Software and Early Warning Software
- Panasonic Multi Monitoring & Control Software supports up to 2,048 devices over LAN and features system map visualization or auto-search of devices to be registered. The free software is available with Early Warning functions (automatic free 90-day trial available).
- These advanced functions enable real-time monitoring, abnormality detection, and notification before servicing is required. Administrators can achieve seamless control and real-time monitoring while preventing potential problems, saving time, and enhancing system reliability.
- Screen Adjustment for Specially Shaped Screens
- Data-cloning Function
- Art-Net DMX, Crestron Connected™, and PJLink™
- DICOM Simulation Mode
- Direct Power Off
- Scheduling Function
- Presentation Support Function